Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 169: Boot Camp

Honest Talk Today...

My intensity has diminished by a lot.  That includes working out, eating right and just staying focused - it has decreased.  Why?  Because I'm tired and just want to sleep for 4 weeks straight (totally a dream).  I guess the reality is that this is my busiest time of year at work and the demands of school is a monster all in of its self.  I haven't been having "Track Date" in the morning for two reasons -
1.  IT'S COLD
2.  Sometimes I'm just going to bed when I'd be getting up to get ready for the track.

What I eat has changed because I have not been diligent in cooking my meals and packing my lunch.  As a result, it's easy to revert back to picking up a quick meal here and there so that you are not starving; or, pack lunch, but not dinner and all of the necessary snacks.  Most of the classes that my gym offers happen in the evening, which leaves me out because I can't get away from the office in time.

So after examining where I currently am, and know that I have no desire to stay in this place, I've decided to make a few changes
1.  I can't do this alone and need as much accountability as possible.  I've been debating between a personal trainer and joining a boot camp.  The cost of consistent Personal Training is more than what my budget can currently afford, but the Boot Camp is at an ungodly hour in the morning (5:45am until 6:45am).  But I am going to try the boot camp for a week to see how it goes.
2.  I'm going to find a nutritionist to come up with some meal plan options because when I plan what to eat, I'm not sure that I'm eating enough calories.  But when I don't plan what I'm going to eat (and engage in impulse eating), I KNOW that I eat well over the recommended amount of calories that a person at my weight and height should eat.

I signed up to do a trial for the boot camp which began this morning.  I was NERVOUS because I wanted to be able to keep up with everyone and I guess like everyone else, the unknown is scary.  Plus on TV, whenever heavy people go to a boot camp, they throw up the first time.  So I was scared this morning.  I didn't do much sleeping because I wanted to make sure that I woke up on time.  This boot camp meets from 5:45am until 6:45am Monday thru Friday in Greenbelt.  There were some things (ab work specifically) that were harder than others (weights), but I'm pretty proud that I went and pushed through the workout.  I'm tired and ready for bed, but sort of excited about doing it again tomorrow.  Maybe this change will be just what I needed to re-ignite the fire I need to continue on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment