Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 345: Courage vs. Fear

I'm reading a book called, "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson and right now I am on a section talking about courage when fear is present to accomplish a task that seems impossible.  Something that leaps off of the page to me is when he says, "courage is not the absence of fear; rather, it's choosing to act in spite of the fear".

Do you know how amazing that statement is?  Even when we feel completely overwhelmed by the fear of a task, the objective is to not let that fear stop you.  I know that this is probably going to be the craziest statement, but I am actually scared of running and exercising and making what I talk about a reality.  But since it is not something that can harm me, I have to run towards it with passion and purpose.  So, in order to overcome this fear, I've got to decide and keep deciding that the fear is not going to hold me anymore.

Take courage and embrace the fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment