Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 115: SOME

My first official 5k is less than 6 weeks away and I'm feeling not to confident that I will be ready to run/jog the entire thing.  I'll be participating in the SOME (So Others May Eat) 5k (3.1 miles) on Thursday, November 25, 2010 (Thanksgiving Morning), but  I'm still stuck at 2 miles.  I guess it's a hump that everyone encounters, but it's sort of frustrating that I'm not past this point and I guess the biggest part is I don't know how to get past this point - if that makes any sense.  I workout, I watch what I eat (for the most part - lol), I drink a gallon of water a day and I've made up my mind.........but seriously am I going to be able to run a marathon if I can't run 3 miles yet?  Am I setting myself up with unrealistic expectations too soon?  IDK, that' just something that I've been thinking about today.  Then, people who haven't been working as hard as I have can run faster and longer!!!  Granted, comparing myself to someone else produces no fruit whatsoever, but I still find myself doing it.  Hummmmm, ok time for homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment