Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 112: The Journey

It has been 12 days since my last post, which seems like such a LONG time.  Today, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 is week 17 and day 112 of this journey.  I can honestly say that over the past 3 weeks my momentum for running/healthy eating/physical activity has severely diminished.  There are a number of reasons that that has happened.  The reasons aren't that important, but having a "restart" is.  Last night I had a dream that I was running faster and stronger.  Like I was a runner!  Even though it still only seems like a dream, dreams become reality one step at a time.

It's 1:51am.

I'm re-starting the routine first thing in the morning.  So, "Track Date" at 6am, breakfast at 7:45am, homework at 8:15am, work at 11am and then because it's Tuesday there's Bible Study and the gym after.  After the gym there's schoolwork and bed by 2am.  So the extra long days with very little sleep are starting again.  I was able to do it just 3 weeks ago, so I know that I can do it now.  I feel like I sort of failed because my momentum didn't stay at level 10.  But after thinking a little more about it........I haven't quit, so I'm not a failure.  I have approximately 5 and a half weeks to increase my milage and speed.  By the end of this month I will be jogging 4 miles (totally not an option).  By the race day, I will be running a 13 minute mile (I feel it in my bones cause I'm an athlete!).

With any journey there are highs and lows, joys and pains, clear direction and confusion.  With support and encouragement anything is possible, ya just can't give up on the end goal and the end goal for me is jogging 26.2 miles next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment