Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 154: T minus 1 Day Left

There's approximately one day left before my first official 5k.  This time tomorrow I will probably be just getting up to head downtown.  I'm experiencing a plethora of emotions that I'm not sure what to do with.  I'm nervous, excited, scared, excited, worried, excited....did I mention EXCITED?  The goal was to be able to run the entire race.  As it stands right now, I'm not prepared to run the entire thing, but you never know - once I get there and in the mix of things, that could totally change.

I was feeling pretty bad/down about the fact that I hadn't trained as hard as I could have so that I'd be prepared to run the entire thing, but after talking to my dad, he reminded me that the object is to set a goal and work to attain that goal.  This race will be another step forward to getting to my goal of running a full marathon next year.

I was in the gym this evening just thinking about how much support I've actually received over the past few months and I'm beyond grateful.  This journey includes not just me - there are sisters, brothers and a host of other people who are walking out this journey with me.  It blows my mind, but I'm so grateful.

Ok, now to bed but I feel a little too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment