Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 159: WHAT??

I have been reading around the web and looking at information for Marathon Runners and those first timers interested in starting a training program.  Wanna know what I just read - some people train for years before they are actually able to run a full marathon.

WHAT!!

Years huh?  I was not expecting to see that......that was totally not apart of the plan.  So me being authentic to me started wondering, "Seriously Rochelle, is this a realistic goal?  A 5k or 10k is completely different from a FULL MARATHON!"  I'm not quitting on the journey or anything (since I'm not a quitter anymore - I gotta keep saying it over and over because sometimes if you don't speak to your own self it's easy to fall back into a place where you've come from) but I'm totally a little more wide eyed about what I'm trying to accomplish.  So, now what?  What am I going to do with this information?

For right now, I think that I will keep walking/ jogging until I get to a place where I am running at faster speeds.  We will re-evaluate the situation at that point.  For now, a marathon in 2011 is still my focus, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment