Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 149: One Week AWAY

Can you believe it?  We are officially one week away from my very first "Official Timed" race.  There are a lot of emotions that I feel.  Part of me is extremely excited.  Part of me is extremely nervous.  Part of me is plum scared.  I am really doing something that I have never done before and it feels good.  The crazy thing is - you'd think that my training would have intensified as I've gotten closer to the date, but I must say that it has been totally opposite.  I've only run once this week, but work and school have played a super huge role in while there has been a decline in my workout routine, but I'm not letting that stop me.

My race is with SOME (So Others May Eat).  I wanted to do more fundraising and raise more money for the cause, so I think that everyday I'm going to tweet about SOME and a link to their website.  I just sent out a another e-mail to potential donors to see if I can raise more money for the cause.  Also, I may squeeze in a fundraiser with Uno's in Bowie for Wednesday, November 24th.  Hummm, I wonder if I could pull off a successful event?

No comments:

Post a Comment