Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 202:

The Bible says, "As a man thinketh, so is he".  If you think your a looser, then you'll be a looser.  If you think your a failure, then you'll fail at the things that you do.  If you think your a screw-up, then all you'll do is screw-up.

I say all of that to say, we've got to watch our thoughts.  This morning I didn't get up and go to boot camp because I was "sleepy".  I wasn't that sleepy to get up and go, I just didn't want to.  So because I didn't go this morning, I knew that I had to go to the gym tonight......and boy did I.  I did two different elliptical machines and then I went for the treadmill.  I planned on starting like I normally do with the setting on 3.6 to walk for .50 miles and then increase to my jog for 1.25 miles and then either push harder or maintain a consistent pace.  But boy was I kidding myself.  I got on that treadmill at 3.5 and felt like I was going to fall off.  It was going so fast!!  I slowed it down to a reasonable pace and guess what that was.........2.3!  2.3!!!

I really said to myself, "What in world is going on here?  Is this machine faster?  I know that it has been like 2 weeks since I've jogged, but seriously?"  I eventually increased the speed, but it took me an hour to do 2 miles.  TWO MILES!  Needless to say, my thoughts were all over the place while I was on the treadmill.  I really questioned the goals that I've established for the year since I couldn't jog one tenth of a mile.  But, that is the value in watching your thought process.  I told myself in the car, "Rochelle, calm down and be consistent.  You'll get there, just be consistent."  With that I say Good Night world because I have boot camp really early in the am.

No comments:

Post a Comment