Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 309: May Begins with a plan

They say that April Showers brings in May Flowers.  For me, May isn't bringing in flowers, it's bringing in intensity, focus, courage and overall determination.  I am less than a month away from a 5k walk (Weight Watchers Walk-It! which is a nationwide walk taking place in every major city) and a little over a month away from the Zooma Annapolis 10k.

Do I feel prepared....um, no.  Will I be prepared.....um, yes!

This is what I have been working towards.  Have I slacked off, yes.  Have I lost focus, yes.  Have I lost courage, yes.  But I've never lost the desire to complete the task before me.  With that, I have been riding my bike just about daily because tomorrow is the first day of doing something that will take great courage from me.  I am riding my bike to work.  From my house to the office is roughly 6.7 miles.  But before going to the office I will be stopping by the track to have a "Track Date".  I've been talking about it since getting the  bike.  It's a way of training for all of these races, but it's also a way of saving GAS!  Man, gas is getting way to expensive so hopefully getting the confidence to ride to places less than 10 miles away from my house will save me some money.

What will May training include?
 - Workouts with a trainer twice a week
 - Bike 6+ miles three times a week
 - "Track Date" workouts 6 times a week
 - Incorporating a vegetarian food lifestyle  (just for the month to see if it is something that I can do)
 - Gallon of water a day

That's the plan, now it's time to make it happen.

Oh yeah, my hair is cut!  Is it how I expected, "NO!"  I just got more cut because it was too straight on the top.  I was very surprised to find that my hair is way more curly than I thought.  This is a huge transition for me because I've never had to style short hair.  I'll upload some pictures soon, I just gotta feel a little more better about it (that statement was totally not good english).

No comments:

Post a Comment