Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 310 (Part II): I DID IT

What did I do??  I rode my bike to work!!  I rode it all the way there.  All throughout I was saying inside my head, "Seriously Rochelle, this is too hard.  Just turn around, get your car and drive to work already!" But I didn't do that, I keep pressing forward.

When I got to mile two, I had to fight through and keep peddling through the monstrous hill that crosses over 214, but I kept going.  When I got to mile three, I had to figure out how to cross over 202 with all of the traffic with no real directional sign giving me the right of way and the construction blocking the way.  At mile five I had to tell myself that I'm almost there because the hill that I was trying to get up was beginning to wear me out.  At mile six I felt like I couldn't keep going and I was ready to go home (which was silly because it would have taken more time to go back home verses keep going).

At mile six and a half, something happened.  As I crossed over 495 on a bridge, I was slapped in the face by three separate branches.  It was the craziest thing.  I realized at that moment why cyclist wear sunglasses.  It's not just to keep the sun out, but it's also to protect their eyes.  I will be sure to wear them going forward.  Here are a few photo's of my journey

Photo's of my 'Biking to Work Experience'








1 comment:

  1. Rochelle, that's AWESOME! I biked to my office (about five miles one way) until I got pregnant and loved it -- I've really missed it.

    Some advice: REI stores have classes on maintaining bikes that you might want to take. That way if something happens to your bike while you're riding, you know how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete