Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another HUGE week

This coming week is going to be a HUGE week in my "obeying God" transition as I will find out about a few things:

1.  The Whole Person Scholarship
For clarity, I have already received the Whole Person Scholarship because I attended the scholarship event in July.  The assessment and interview is to determine how much money I will receive as a transfer student.  Tomorrow I will find out the results of my interview and assessment.  The maximum amount being awarded is $20,000 which is essentially a full scholarship.  The desire is to receive the maximum amount.

2.  Professional Judgement
When I move to Tulsa, my income will suffer a severe decline.  The Federal Government has already decided how much aid I can be awarded for this upcoming school year and they don't make adjustments to that number, but my school can and it's called a "Professional Judgment".  I've submitted all of the necessary paper work and should hear and update this week regarding it.

3.  Apartment
I applied to an apartment yesterday.  Every time I've applied for an apartment in the past, I was denied because of my credit score (I've made some not good decisions regarding my finances).  I haven't applied in years and feel slightly anxious cause........I just am I guess.  Whether I get it or not, I'm still going though.

Finally I'll be deciding how I'm getting to Tulsa and I will be downsizing!  The moving plans have changed multiple times - from renting a U-Haul, to packing my car and driving, to shipping my car and flying out.  There are so many options  that I'm just not sure what to choose, so I'm waiting.  As you can see, there are a number of things happening but this I do know:
God Spoke, I've been accepted and I'm going!

1 comment:

  1. Are you in any type of athletics or anything ? I'm really nervous about my interview and am wondering do I have to be in athletics to get a big scholarship ! I go march 7 for my interview and I've already got 7000 dollars a year for a deans scholarship . The whole person even will just upgrade my scholarship . How long did it take to find out how much money you would receive ?

    ReplyDelete