Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Heart for Missions

I love people.  More than just loving people, I love talking to people.  Life for me is having the ability to talk and share concepts that roll around my head and hear things that other people may be thinking about.  I love it!  It's in communicating that we grow and understand various topics better.

This week the list for all of the school sponsored Missions Trips was distributed.  I am so excited about it because we are all called to go and make disciples and it gives me the opportunity to TALK!!  There are one week trips during Spring Break and four week trips during Summer Break.  The choices are pretty exhaustive giving us the opportunity to build, speak, plan, play, etc.

During Spring Break, there is a trip to Sacramento, CA that I'm really interested in.  It's for women only where we connect with other women who have struggled with various forms of abuse and neglect.  I am no one's healer, but I do have a relationship someone who has the ability to heal every wound and hurt that may has been experienced in life.

During Summer Break, I'm torn between Tokyo, Japan and Johannesburg, South Africa for missions.  I really think that it will be Tokyo, Japan though.  Another option on the floor  is I have the opportunity to go to Jerusalem for three weeks for a Historical & Geological Studies of Christ class.

Regardless of the chosen trip, they each require support (financial and emotional).  I know that the money will come because I have a heart for missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment