Monday, October 22, 2012

Midterm Grades are in!

Midterm (progress report) grades are in.  I have 3 A's (Composition, Spirit Empowered Living and Whole Person Assessment), 1 B (Beginning Sign Language) and 3 C's (Elementary Hebrew, Health and Christian Worldview & Culture).

The A's
I'm gonna have to work really hard to maintain these grades.  In composition, there are three more major assignments that could really impact this grade.  In Spirit Empowered Living, I have to nail the next two papers.  Whole Person Assessment is a class that we all have to take but does not count towards our GPA, but it does impact my scholarship.  All of my assignments have been submitted so this will remain as is.

The B
This is a solid B.  I've submitted everything and worked hard.  The kicker...tests.  I've gotten B's on the test so it's impacted my overall grade.  I'll keep practicing and studying and hopefully keep progressing.

The C's
I just had a conversation with my Hebrew professor regarding my understanding of Hebrew.  I get it but don't.  I study, I have a tutor, I make flash cards, but the content in not sticking yet.  She said that it will come, but my issue is I don't want it to come after grades have been submitted (lol)!  The only grades we have in health are the midterm and the labs.  I haven't really done any of the labs because I don't have the book yet so I understand that grade, just not sure how to change it just yet.  I will have a conversation with my professor tomorrow though when I go to class.  Finally, Christian Worldview & Culture is a C now, but won't remain a C.  On my midterm I got a 65 out of 135 and my Professor said that I can submit the additional sections that I hadn't submitted which will take my grade up completely.

I know that worrying is counter productive and contrary to what the Lord wants us to do, but knowing my grades has me a little worried.  I need to maintain the A's, improve the B and raise the C's.  The challenging C?  Hebrew cause I don't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment