Thursday, December 20, 2012

Can I get a witness....

I am apart of a bible study that meets on campus every Thursday at 7pm.  Before the last session concluded, we were challenged to witness to one person every day while on break.  I was pretty excited about it and secretly thought, "Oh, you got this Rochelle!  You'll get a check in the winners column for this one!"

I considered break as starting officially Monday morning and to date, I have not parted my lips not one time to share Jesus Christ with anyone.  As the days go by, I kinda hold my head down in shame further and further because I have engaged with a boat load of people....why haven't I shared anything?  Sharing my faith with people I know is not as hard because I kind of have "street credit" if you will.  But with a perfect stranger, they don't know me and I don't know them.  I think my biggest challenge is I don't want to be classified as a weirdo.  You see other faiths share their faith without hesitation to any and everyone.  They knock on your door or stand at the street corner to boldly declare to anyone willing to listen.

How about you, regardless of what you believe, do you share it with other people?  The bible is clear that we all have been commissioned to go and share the gospel with all men so that they may know the truth and be set free through Jesus Christ.  It can't be done in our own strength, however, the Holy Spirit has to empower us to speak what needs to be spoken in the lives of people we come in contact with.  There is still more time today to change my track record, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment