Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Difficulties Out of Obedience Produce Greatness?

Over the past 16 weeks my experiences have included the combination of great successes and great failures.  Yesterday I decided to live in the great moment of successfully completing my finals and enjoyed a delicious dinner of hamburger helper (not delicious to some, but I enjoy it).  What I didn't want to deal with was the electrical turn off notice I received on my front door or the promise of an impending car repossession or the eviction notice I received since I haven't paid December's rent yet.  Cable/Internet are already off, bank accounts are negative and the gas in my gas tank is low again.

To some, these seem like horrible conditions (actually they kinda are) and are clear signs of being outside of the "perfect will of God", but are they really?  Five months ago, if I would have heard of someone living under the same conditions I would have immediately assumed that they were doing something wrong in their life and highly advised that they change what they are doing.  Experiencing a "shoe on the other foot" moment and living what could be considered a nightmare, I think that there is more to this story than meets the eye - like Transformers. 

As a little girl I loved watching the cartoon Transformers because each appeared to be one thing, but when it was time to fight for something, they transformed into victorious warriors.  The conditions of the fight were not always ideal nor did the battle always go the way that they planned it.  But each transformer had the responsibility to fight together as a unit for "the cause"and they had to obey the commands of their leader Optimus Prime.  In my journey, I have a responsibility to fight in this battle against the enemy of our soul and to obey the commands from my leader as I fight.  All doesn't have to go the way that I planned it, but if I actively choose to trust in the Lord with all of my heart, and lean not on my own understanding in everything that I do, He (the Lord) will direct my path.  

I'm resolved in knowing that experiencing difficult days is not always the determining factor in defining how pleasing we are to God.  How we respond to those difficult days will speak to how we trust what God has spoken.  All will be well in time as I go through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment