Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 258: Seriously, what's running!?

I am TOTALLY behind on my goals that I made for this year.  By this time I was supposed to be running 6 miles non-stop - but I am very far from that goal and or idea.  Today is March 1, 2011 and I think that I'm ready again to get back on track.

I had to get a pair of new shoes because I had a pair of Brook's Running Shoes, but I didn't like the way that they felt.  I tried to break them in and just get used to the feel of them, but it didn't work.  So I went back to the tried and true Nike's that provide the necessary support for my foot that overpronates.  I also just purchased this Polar WearLink+ Transmitter Nike+  that will monitor my heart as I work out.  I felt it was a good investment because my family has a history of heart related issues and I've been struggling with my asthma over the past few weeks; so this will tell me what's going on on the inside of my body while I work on the outside.

Do you even know what running is?  It is technically classified as moving at any pace faster than a walk.  If both feet are off the ground at any moment while your moving, then your running.  And do you know the A number one rule to running/training is?  It's - HAVE FUN!  Although it's work and requires a lot of commitment, your supposed to have fun in the process.  Here is my question - how is running supposed to be fun?  Do you think I'm doing this wrong?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment