Saturday, June 16, 2012

And we know.....

I'm headed to Tulsa, OK for my Whole Person Scholarship Interview.  For those that don't know, because of my current GPA and number of credits that I've earned, I am eligible for a $20,000 scholarship that will 99% cover the cost of my tuition and books.  I'm pretty excited about it actually as I feel like everything that I've been through with school has prepared me for this opportunity.

I have to go for an interview & assessment with the scholarship committee at the end of the month.  As anyone knows, airline fees change rapidly so I was just praying that the cost would stay (or even decrease) at a price that I could afford.  I booked the flight but read through the confirmation carefully and realized that I booked the wrong date.  Immediately I called Expedia to see what I could do.  Turns out I was able to cancel the flight.  The cost of the correct dates was $572 and that was WELL above what I could afford so I got creative.  Instead of flying into Tulsa, I looked at other major cities.  I'll spare you the boring details, but I booked my flight to Wichita, KS and I'll drive down to Tulsa for $302 which was WAYYYYYYY less than my initial flight.  With the savings I was able to book & pay for my hotel as well.  What seemed like a horrible mistake actually worked out in my favor...
and we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to HIS purpose (Romans 8:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment