Monday, June 11, 2012

More People Know

As more people find out about what I'm doing, it makes my impending move WAY more real and extra scary.  You know what else?  It's kinda pressureful.  That's not a real word, but it best describes how I feel.  Like I have to do a great job and "walk out my purpose" right?

WAIT A MINUTE...

Am I putting uncessary pressure on myself???  I think I am.  I am putting pressure on myself to do and be something that meets the expectations of others.  But if I take my favorite scripture Proverbs 3:5-6 and live that, to trust in the Lord with all of my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct my path.  Moving to Tulsa to go to school fulltime at 34 years old with no savings or job to go to makes no sense in my own mind (and in the minds of a lot of others also).  Since God is very clear in His word that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts, I can probably rest in the fact that He has a pretty good plan.  Trusting Him secures my path and brings clarity in the direction and way I should go. 

...taking a deep breath and calming down.  It's going to be ok Rochelle (I'm letting you into my self care pep-talk) because now is the time. You've been prepared for right now.  Tomorrow will take care of tomorrow, but you have everything in you to get through today.  There isn't one experience that was a mistake or accident. 

1 comment:

  1. Go forth & do great things! Look forward not back! Embrace your journey & make it work as unto GOD, not unto man, not unto friend, not unto Rochelle. Find a mustard seed & build your faith one seed at a time. I believe in God's destiny for you. Everything in between is part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete