Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Bucket List

I go back and forth regarding New Years Resolutions.  I think they are beneficial as they help you foci on accomplishing a particular task.  But I think they are sort of a waste of time at the same time based on my own track record of not accomplishing the resolution that has been set.  Not accomplishing it makes me feel like a failure/looser which further perpetuates an endless cycle.

Over the past few days I've been thinking about things that I would like to accomplish before I die.  We never know when our eyes will close on this side of heave never to open again, so why keep putting things off?  Some things just can't be done immediately.  Like I can't go on a 10 day excursion in Switzerland because of school and money, but there are things that I can work on and accomplish now.

So, my Top 10 Bucket List things that I'd like to do this year are:
1. Expand my vocabulary by learning a new word a day. (I'm wondering if this is practical, maybe it should be a new word a week - that is more realistic).
2. Take a 30mile bike ride along the Riverside Trail here in Tulsa.
3. Take Karate Lessons (I think that this will be so cool!!)
4. Be in a TV Commercial or photographed in a Magazine
5. Complete 100 push up continuously
6. Create my own superhero logo and character (I feel like a superhero sometimes, I should have an image to go along with it)
7. Learn to shoot a gun (I live in green country now and everyone has guns)
8. Take a few sewing classes.  By the end of 2013 I'd like to know how to sew my own skirt, dress and slacks (this will be totally awesome!!)
9. Learn to play the bass guitar
10. Complete a 400 meter swimming challenge

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm with you on numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Let's do it for real! Any other takers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally down with making it happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK! So, Star said she's down with 3, 4, 6, 7, & 8 plus RedCross babysitting certificate and middle school track team LOL you January babies ... i'm thinking "no way jose too much physical activity" the irony is losing 20lb would #1 on my list ... but hey i want 2 learn how to sew too! like majorly ... i didn't really start a 1-10 i just had a few random things rattling around upstairs that I've been wanting to do for a while and a couple i've actually started - but you've inspired me, i'm going to put them to pen and paper - hey, maybe i'll dare put them out in cyberspace ooohhh - or maybe not ... i would love to start a blog but what to write? who will follow? ... mmm i'll have to put starting a blog as like nine or ten

    ReplyDelete