Thursday, January 10, 2013

So much to LEARN!!

My spring semester started this past Monday.  I have 6 classes (16 credits): American History, Hermeneutics, Health, Local Church Outreach, New Testament Introduction and Renaissance, Reformation and Enlightenment.  I'm waiting to see if I can enroll in one more class (fingers crossed on that one).

Thus far I've learned that I don't know anything!!!!  I thought that I was prepared with have a pretty solid foundation on biblical knowledge, but boy was I wrong.  My professors have already started quoting dates and various occurences in history that I had no clue about.  I knew that I didn't know much about history, but there is so much within Christianity that I just had no clue about.  Actually, it's probably good that I'm taking the classes that I am because I'm able to see how Christianity (and other religions) has developed throughout history.  Today, for example, we learned about Islam and the picture that is painted for us throughout media images is accurate.  I LOVE LEARNING!!!

The class that I am most excited about is Local Church Outreach.  We have a project to complete where we will develop a plan of action to demonstrate kindness meant to impact the local community of Tulsa.  Not only will we be responsible to develop a plan, but we have to implement it.  That is exciting to me because I will be putting to practice what I'm learning now verses years from now.  The class that I'm most hesitant about would be Health.  The class is broken up into two parts - Lecture and Lab.  The Lecture is simple, just show up and listen but the tests are brutally hard.  Although the tests are hard, your grade really comes from how well you do in the Lab section of the course.  My lab is today at 1:50pm and we have to do a 1.5 mile field pre-test.  Our run/walk is timed and we will repeat the exercise at the end of the semester.  Our grade is determined by our age and how fast we complete the run/walk.  The conflict is that I don't know if I feel like putting in the necessary work, ya know?  I know that putting in the work is necessary to do well in the class, I just have to make up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment