Monday, January 14, 2013

Yesterday was FANTASTIC!!!!!

I wait all year long for January 13th to roll around.  It doesn't matter what is happening in my life, January 13th always brings me great joy.  For that one day, I LONG for time to stand still, but unfortunately it does.  Traditionally I get my hair done, wear a new outfit and have some festive party to celebrate, but this year I didn't do all of that.

I did do my hair, but I didn't have a new outfit to wear and I didn't have a big party but boy did I have a fantastic celebration.  My day went like this:
 - Church Service: while here in Tulsa, I attend The Church (www.thechurch.at) where Pastor Alex talked about the tithing principle.  Essentially the points were to give God the first of your week, the first of your day, the first of your consideration and the first of your finances.
 - Sushi Date: a friend took me to a sushi restaurant where we enjoyed a delicious sushi lunch.  It was actually the first time that I've had uncooked sushi.
 - Loops: I'm really into crocheting and I want to learn how to potentially knit.  There is this store in New York that has fantastic yarn and when I heard about Loops here in Tulsa I could only hope that it was similar.  My visit was slightly disappointing.  They have yarn, but it didn't have the volume of selection that I was hoping for.
 - Target: as my birthday present, I wanted to get a new DVD to add to my small collection.  I ended up getting Bridesmaids because it is super funny and it was super inexpensive.
 - Cupcakes: one of my friends from school ended up coming over and we made cupcakes and just talked.  I love talking and she loves talking so it was a very lively conversation.

By the end of the night, I was exhausted.  I receive an abundance of FaceBook posts, Tweets, Text Messages, Phone Calls, Emails, etc....it made me feel like I wasn't far away from home at all.  I don't know if I can wait until next year to celebrate.  I had a thought though...dogs get to celebrate seven times a year, why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment