Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's Official

I had to wait before sharing this news publicly to ensure that nothing fell through the cracks.  But it is official, I HAVE A JOB!!!  I have been hired by Oral Roberts University as the Assistant Building Manager for the new student center that is opening up on campus this coming February 1st.  I applied for the front desk attendant position because of the hours, not because of the position.  Since being here I've applied to nearly a hundred different jobs but to no avail, nothing would materialize as I'm either over qualified, not what they are looking for or my school schedule conflicts with the needs of the company.

This position is in the evening which will not impact my school schedule (which, by the way, requires A LOT of reading!). I am doing almost exactly what I did in my previous position at home, minus the scheduling aspect.  How do I feel?  Like an Oreo Cookie. Fear and Excited are sandwiched together with the delicious cream of being amazingly Grateful.  I'm not scared of the job per say.  I think I'm a little hesitant about balancing both school and work together with the intensity of my classes - will I meet the challenges that both will bring and do well?  I'm excited because IT'S A JOB!!  I feel like I triumphed.  Hard and difficult situations didn't get the best of me - even though I wanted say, "Screw it all!!" (I actually wanted to say more choice words but I signed an honor code).  I'm excited with an extra shot of excitement because working on campus will help me build relationships.  That just makes me happy inside.  Then I'm amazingly grateful to be in a position where I will be able to financially support myself.  It has been killing every aspect of my pride to have all aspects of my life dependent on others but grateful that there have been people in a position to support me (totally a catch 22).

Training doesn't begin until January 18th and the New Hire Orientation is on January 22nd, so I won't start working working until probably January 28th (probably) and won't get a check until February sometime.  But, God has been faithful and provided up to this point, I'm confident He will continue providing.

1 comment:

  1. God is simply THE BEST!!!!! I'm so excited and who could ask for a better set-up?! Wow. Just wow. Congratulations beautiful!!! Stay focused! Cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete