Saturday, January 12, 2013

Birthday Eve

The eve before any major holiday, families and friends come together to celebrate the occasion and each other.  January 13th is not a major holiday recognized by communities around the country, but it is a day that I celebrate with robust delight.  It's a day that I celebrate life....my life.  My life that should have been snuffed out before it even started.  Snuffed out from the multiple suicide attempts during my early teen years.  Snuffed out from the host of bad decisions and choices I've made that have had a negative impact on my body and even my soul.

Staying stuck in the past is not beneficial to anyone, but choosing to learn from the past and even celebrating the future is where victory happens.  This year I'm celebrating triumph and victory over my past and celebrating hope and possibility over my future.  Tomorrow is the dawning of a new year for me, a new year that holds a great deal of promise and adversity.  Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be 35!!

No comments:

Post a Comment