Thursday, September 20, 2012

Disappointing Day

Today I was scheduled to interview with at a company (name excluded) as a Customer Service Representative.  I spent all day Saturday (well two and a half hours) completing the interview, assessments and the call center simulation.  I must admit, I did pretty good.  I was excited about the interview because all of the information that I read said that the hours were flexible and they were looking for people around the clock.  In my eyes, that's perfect because my class schedule doesn't allow me to work traditional 9 to 5 work hours.  I get to the interview 30 minutes early (I believe in being early) and fill out paper work.  One of the papers said that as an employee I couldn't request leave for 90 days.  In my head I thought that that is a long time not to go home.  But, I need a job so I complete and sign all of the forms.  The receptionist gives me a piece of paper that lists the hours that they are looking to fill and to my dismay, I need to be available Monday thru Friday from 9am until 7pm.  I was then told that they don't work around school hours and they would hold my resume on file for 60 days.

I drove home in silence not sure what to make of my experience today.  All last night and even early this morning an idea ran through my head.  This is TOTALLY not going to make sense based on our culture and how we function, but what if I'm not supposed to work while I'm in school.  The bible is clear that if a man doesn't work he doesn't eat.  But there are plenty of other scriptures that support the notion that when doing the work of the Lord, one does not have the time to continue their profession and the Lord provides.

IF that is the case for me, then faith has to supersede my fear.  Fear of what?  Fear of being homeless and hungry sleeping behind a building with no one knowing where I am.  Fear of having to depend on someone's help in order to survive.  It kinda sounds like pride too, huh?  Faith is the substances of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. I'm still praying, but I guess I have a decision to make, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment