Sunday, September 9, 2012

One Month In Tulsa

Tulsa has been my home for the past month.  The journey to get to this place took courage, faith and boldness. The Lord really wanted me here because doors opened that I totally could not open.  I was accepted into school, I got an apartment, utilities turned on and financial resources to support the journey.

My Plan
Before I came out here I started the process of applying to jobs so that I wouldn't experience a lack in financial resources while here (that's responsible, right?!).  Not only did I apply, but I received a verbal agreement for a job.  I felt great because it seemed like all of my "ducks were in a row".  Traveling out here was full of adventure and excitement because I was taking steps of faith to obey what God has called me to do.  That's actually a boat load of excitement!!

A month in and this journey has proven to be harder than I thought it would be.  Did I think that everything would be easy.....honest....I kind of did.  I thought that maybe there would be challenges here and there, but not to the degree that it has been, because God said "GO" and I "WENT".  Being obedient has to have some perks right?  Yes, but not the way that I thought.

God's Plan
I was at Target getting some kitchen stuff and I started pouting because I needed a toaster, but that with groceries would be too expensive and I said, "..this sucks!  God how come I don't get anything that I want?"  LOL, that was really extreme and unappreciative because I do get things that I want.  When in the thick of things, it's easy to focus on the negative aspects of the situation.  But that is not living in truth.  Things may not work out according to my plan, but God has made everything work out.  The finances associated with school have been taken care of for this semester.  My bills were paid up through September, I've been able to put gas in my car and I have not had to skip a meal.  He has supernaturally provided through every challenge

The 15th is a few days away and October bills will be due.  With no job, I don't know how it's going to come together.  But Friday I came to terms with the fact that through this journey, my confidence is in God's plan and not any plan that I could develop for myself.  I'm off to write a paper that's due tomorrow on Les Miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment