Monday, September 17, 2012

Job Interview

I must admit, as September goes on, I get more and more concerned with how to pay my bills at the end of the month.  I've applied and applied to various positions to no avail.  No follow up calls, no interviews, no offers.  This is foreign concept for me as I've never struggled this hard to get a job.  Earlier in my working career, temp agencies use to call me their "super star".  I wouldn't stay too long at one place in hopes of finding something "bigger" or "better".  But the honest truth?  I didn't know who I was and I wanted to identify with something.  My mom's death was still really fresh and recent at the time.  I didn't have a husband or kids, but I could have a work history like hers.  She didn't stay places long at all.  But she was good at what she did and was an employee that most employers wanted.

Wednesday I have a job interview at 11am.  I really hope that it works out.  If not, I know something will (and that's not me trying to convince myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment