Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FANTASTIC Day!!

Yesterday I said that I would be intentional today and have a conversation with someone in each of my classes; and, I DID IT!  It was absolutely great too.  They weren't fake or superficial conversations, they were authentic and totally me.  You know what else?  It felt GREAT!!  Talking is not just something to do.  For me, it is a necessity and when I don't do a lot of it, it impacts my mood (it's probably why I have been as sad as I've been).

This is how the day went:
Beginning Sign Language - I initiated with two classmates
Spirit Empowered Living - I had great conversation while walking to and from class
Hebrew I - I initiated a conversation with a guy who I hadn't talk to before.
English - I initiated with a classmate who I spoke to, but today it was a good conversation
Spirit Empowered Living Discussion Group - one of the guys in my class is from DC and we talked about the Redskins game (so great!).  At the end of class my professor said, "Great discussion today.  You have wonderful ideas and concepts...I hope to hear more from you." In my head I said, if you only knew.
Health/Fitness Lab - I was the comedian of the class before it started (I guess I was feeling loose by this time).  Until today, I hadn't parted my lips in this class other than to say, "here!"

When I got home I was greeted by the smell of overly ripe bananas, so I decided to cook something with them.  I made banana bread for the first time from scratch.  It turned out pretty good, but I think I need more sugar or something.

Today was a great day


No comments:

Post a Comment