Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 76: Week 12 (No QUITTERS Here!)

I have not blogged since last Tuesday.  I think that that is the longest time that I've gone without blogging since I've started.  Not much has happened actually.  Well, this past week was really hard to work out because of my work schedule and my allergies have been absolutely awful.  I mean awful.  There were a couple of days that I didn't want to go to work or do anything, but not working is not an option unless you are seriously ill because if you don't work, you don't eat (I was raised on that principle); and, since I like to eat, I have to work.

Ummmmmm, we are at week 12 of this journey, and you know what week 12 means?  It means that I'm not a quitter!!!!  I have been doing this thing (planning and training to run a marathon) for 12 weeks, which equates to 3 months.  I gotta repeat that, 12 WEEKS.  There have been some weeks filled with mountain top experiences and some weeks filled with horrible valley low experiences.  But whatever the experience, I haven't quit at it.  That means that I have to stop calling myself a master quitter because I'm not that anymore.  Even though I haven't quit at this, I've got to apply the same level of dedication, commitment and passion to other areas of my life as well - like school!

Goals for this week huh?  IDK (I don't know).  I haven't worked out today, but I think that engaging in some physical exercise everyday (for the rest of the week) is mandatory.  I'm sort of apprehensive since I didn't do that much this week.  I'm not sure how it is going to be to try intensifying my routines.  I guess we will just have to see, right?  Also, I want to start jogging outside of the track (starting with my neighborhood first to see how that goes).  So Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday will be "2aDay" Days and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will be a regular exercise days.  Last thing "I'm An Athleteeeee!!"  Just needed to sort of yell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment