Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 85: The Choice

So I've been feeling like I need some extra motivation to keep pressing through this fog/funky place that I'm at right now.  There is a song that keeps speaking to me.  The song is by Damita Hadden called, 'No Looking Back' and the words really speak volumes - read um:

Verse 1
I am leaving this place now
Letting go of all my fears
Saying good-bye to the memories I hold dear
I can finally breath again
It's a new day
Fair well past
As I close this chapter I set free at last

Chorus
I made up my mind
There's no turning back
The past is behind me
There's no looking back
I'm looking forward not behind
I've made a decision
I give you my life

Verse 2
Every step I take is new
I found courage to go on
Though its rough sometimes
I still have to be strong
I may have to walk alone
But the One who lives inside me
Is always there to comfort and to guide

Chorus

Verse 3
I can see the sun breaking through the clouds
Lifting my hands cause I'm all right now
I can shout about it
I can laugh about it
I can talk about it

Chorus

Aren't those words a great declaration of the decision that I've made in my life??  I LOVE MUSIC!!  It so speaks to my soul.   Here's what I've got to get better with - when I'm tired or frustrated with life, not to revert back to previous ways of handling  adverse situations.  With everyday, every hour, every minute, every second, I've got to choose what I'm going to embrace.  We all have a choice in everything that we do.  A choice to move forward and a choice to be stuck.  A choice to press forward and a choice to quit.  At the end of the day our choices determine how far we go.....I'm choosing life and the future, what are you choosing?

1 comment: