Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 83: Week 13

Week 13....Week 13....WEEK 13!!!!!

I actually don't know what to say honestly.  I am at a loss for words to use to describe this overall experience - which is an amazing feat.  Before I go into my goals and different things like that, I must say, "I CAN SEE IT".  When I started this journey, I had to keep saying what I wanted to do to sort of convince myself that I would actually run a marathon, oh but now, instead of only saying it, I can actually see it too.  Through the hurt hips, hamstring, feet, everything.....I can actually see myself crossing the finish line of a 26 mile race and not even be the last person (finishing is more important than time, but I can even see a faster time).  

Weeks 11 and 12 were pretty hard and I feel like I've slacked off my running pattern/routine and meal plans, but this morning I tweeted something that I am going to apply to this week.  I said, "I am declaring it, no matter how my reality looks right now, I can't allow the look of things to dictate my perspective of things".  Right now things look hard and impossible, but even though it is hard, this is something that I AM  making happen.   I will drink my water.  I will workout everyday (well minus today).  I will push myself to go further each day than I did the day before.  I will continue to blog this journey (even thought I've been horrible at blogging each day).  I will work hard and not engage in quitter thoughts and actions.  

Sometimes you have to encourage yourself and that's what I'm doing because I know that I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God wants us to be healthy and whole both spiritually, emotionally and physically and that is what I am choosing to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment