Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Week of School & Two Weeks of Tulsa

Wow, I can't believe it, time is moving fast and slow all at once (is that even possible).  I have been in Tulsa, Oklahoma for two weeks now, classes for one complete week and things are coming together.  There is so much to say, but I'm not sure what to say at the same time.

Home
My house is coming along.  I have a bed, a few kitchen things, a lamp, a tv (that's currently sitting on the floor), a rug that is still in the plastic and a folding chair.  My September rent, utilities, car note, insurances, etc are all paid up.  I have food in the fridge and a full tank of gas.  God is providing!!

School
I have all of my books (except for two that I am still waiting to receive), met with Student Resources so that I get help when needed, requested a tutor for my Hebrew I class and have made two new friends.

Church
Now the churches here in Tulsa are a LOT different than First Baptist Church of Glenarden or Zion back home and boy do I miss them. As a part of the church covenant that I declare at communion service, I give my word that I will re-unite with another church where we can carry out the spirit of the church covenant.  So, I'm going to a church this Sunday called Church on the Move.  Apparently it is one of the largest here in town and a lot of people speak well of it.

For as much as things are going well, I miss my community and would love it if I could pick my apartment up and put it in the middle of Bowie.  Want my address so you can write me a letter?

1 comment:

  1. Love the journey tracking. Keep it up!!! Lifting you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete