Monday, August 27, 2012

Homesickness...is it real?

HECK YES!!!  Is that how I've been feeling lately, HECK YES!!  Being homesick is defined as experiencing a strong desire for one's home environment while being absent from it.  I have been here for 20 days and it's not a bad place at all.  All of the establishments that I'm familiar with are here (excluding Uno's Pizzeria, my favoritest place to think), I've learned how to get around and my routine at school is being more familiar.  So I have to be honest with myself and ask the hard questions, "Rochelle, what are you desiring most?  Why do you feel that longing or sadness inside?"

Truth?  I miss seeing people that I know.  I miss being in an environment where I count/matter.  I miss just being present.  Here, no one knows my name.  The bible is clear that in order to get friends, you have to be friendly, but I don't know what to do to get friends here.

That nagging question rolls around in my head, "Rochelle, did you really hear God and was this a good decision?"  With tears in my eyes and a stuffy nose cause the tears won't stop rolling down my face, I have to declare that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.  At home, I can depend on other people when there is a need, but here, I can't do that and that's hard.  Growth hurts.  Separation hurts, but they are both necessary. Ok, I'm putting myself to bed so I can stop crying.

1 comment:

  1. The feeling is only temporary. Get involved in something at the church or at the school. Push thru the negative emotions and feelings by meditating on what is pure, praiseworthy, honorable, or lovely. You know that God will never leave you or forsake you. You Matter to us all!! Go out there and show ppl what you got to offer, genuine friendship, great personality, loyalty, creative thinking, beautiful smile... Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete