Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I GOT MONEY!!

I didn't know who to talk to about my outstanding balance of $5,200+ for the school year, but I knew that I needed to speak with someone today so that I could complete my enrollment process.  In order for me to attend classes on Thursday, I needed to pay $2,600+ for the semester.  Paying that balance would leave me with absolutely no money so I needed God to work something out.

I went to the financial aid office today to see what could be done to help with the gap amount.  I spoke with Justine and he told me to sit tight and wait for a few minutes.  He comes back and says that the financial aid committee is reviewing my file and it should take about an hour for a decision.  After 3 hours of sitting in the computer lab, he comes back and asks has anyone spoken with me yet.  I told him, "No, I'm just sitting and waiting".  He goes and checks everything out and comes back with news.  He says that they have given me an additional $4,000 dollars for the year, which makes me responsible for a little over $1,100 out of pocket ($500+ per semester).

Do you know how GREAT that is??!?!  I can handle that.  I nearly leaped out of my chair in celebration and gratefulness to the Lord.  He has provided for me again!!  Things did not look good at all, but my faith in what He has said has not changed.  If He has called you to do something, OBEY!  He will provide.  If I haven't learned anything else from this journey thus far is that God is faithful to His word and He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us.  My word may not always be good, but His is!

2 comments:

  1. Ro!!! I SO love your honesty and your transparency!!! You bless me so much with this blog and I am truly grateful for your friendship!! Sometimes it seems like you take a step not even knowing where your foot will land and at the same time doors close behind and you know God is just encouraging you to move forward...takes faith! I love you so bad and am rooting for your every success! Your faith inspires me. Missing you already! Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to read this! I knew it would happen. #encouraged :)

    Robin D.

    ReplyDelete