Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 2: The Gym

Just getting home from the gym and I feel great!!! Didn't have my workout this morning because I was madd tired, but I had to work out today.....committed to the journey!

I had an extremely rough day today at work today and part of me just wanted to come home and do homework. But I thought about different things that I've heard & read where people talk about exercise as a great stress reliever. I've never believed that idea (LOL), but thought today would be a great day to give it a try. I had to make a stop at Target to pick up a few things and then to make a visit to a friends house before my final destination of "The Gym"!!

Ohhh, I don't think that I mentioned that I got my new running shoes yesterday. When I changed my clothes and put my shoes on, my feet felt like they were in heaven. I've never felt like that in shoes before. There was a comfort and bounce that was absolutely AMAZING!!! I stood in place for 5 minutes just bouncing because my feet felt soo good. With my workout clothes and brand new heavenly feeling shoes on, I walk into the gym doors with pride and confidence. I arrived at 10:00pm and joined the 15 other people already there. The gym closes at 11:00pm, so I only have an hour to work off as many calories as possible. I head straight to the stationary bike in the movie cinema room. The bike is comfort zone for me because I can go really fast and not look like a dork. On the treadmill I feel like I look like a goober, which is why I didn't spend much time on it. So the final tally is
Bike
Time: 20 minutes
Distance: 4.81 miles

Treadmill
Time: 10 minutes
Distance: .65 miles

Yesterday I signed up for the Nike+ training plan and it said that I should walk .67 miles in 15 minutes. Although I didn't go to the .67, I don't think that I did that bad today. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 6:45am at the track. Hopefully I'll get up on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment