Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 6: OMG I'm sore

I am SO sore right now. This morning I went to the gym and took a class called Body Attack. The title alone should indicate what the workout did to my body. Everything burns and is sore. The thought of getting up out of my seat right now is scary. But it's exciting at the same time. In the class I did things that I thought that I couldn't do. I'm realizing that I don't give myself as much credit as I should or better yet, I don't give God enough credit. In my weakness, HIS strength shows up and empowers me to do stuff that I wouldn't ordinarily be able to do. I think that it's awesome.

Even though I hurt right now, I know that this feeling is temporary so I have to press through it, ya know? I think that I'm going to try to get a one mile walk in before the day is over. It's not much, but it will help (hopefully) take away some of this soreness. You know what I could do, I can walk to the end of the street and then jog the rest of the way back home. Hummmm, I think that I like that idea.

Anyway, I'm realizing that this journey is not just about physical development, but there is a lot of relationship development going on. Not romantically (at least not yet-lol), but I've really been developing relationships with other ladies and it's actually pretty cool. I met this one person at the gym and we had a conversation like we've been girlfriends for years. It was amazing! I know that I can talk to just about anyone, but it was different. There are a few other people who I had relationships with already, but the context of the relationship is changing. I don't know what Jesus is going, but it's pretty cool.

I have joy, but I feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment