Monday, June 14, 2010

The Decision

So I've decided.......I'm running a marathon in 2011!

The reason this is such a big deal is because I am a morbidly obese 32 year old woman who has not engaged in much consistent physical exercise. So the idea of a marathon is sort of laughable to anyone who I've told thus far....which is only two people right now. I've gone back and forth on the idea, because I wasn't sure that I'd be able to do it because of the physical stamina required. BUT, if I don't try then it won't be possible right? This blog will chronicle my journey as I prepare, run and recover.

Honestly I got the idea from the movie Julie & Julia. Not sure if anyone would follow, but I think that I need to do this for me. I'm great at not completing tasks or following through, but I can't do that anymore.

Today, Monday, June 14, 2010 is the beginning of my journey. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment