Friday, June 18, 2010

People Know

OMG, more people know about what I am doing! Some I told, some I didn't, but it's sort of freaking me out a little bit. Maybe it's because I don't do too well with accountability or it could be because I am an excellent quitter. Like if quitting were an olympic sport, I would have the gold every time.

So if you're going to accomplish any goal in life, there have to be short term goals in place in order to get to the main goal, right? I already said that I am going to do a 5k, 10k, half marathon and then full marathon next year, but didn't nail down a plan of how to make that happen. I guess God spoke to two individuals to challenge/push me from just having a great idea to doing something to make it happen. As a result I am starting my training on Monday morning at 6:45am and am signed up for my first 5k race November of THIS YEAR!!

THIS YEAR!!

Am I crazy to think that I can do this? Like I was at the airport this morning and was huffing and puffing walking from one end to the other end AND I WAS ONLY WALKING!!! But I guess these are the normal thoughts that people go through when they are preparing to do something they have never done, right? Questioning one's ability to complete/accomplish a task I would think is healthy and realistic. The thing that is different is that I know that I can't do this in my own strength.

The bible says that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Boy oh boy am I going to need his strength to start, continue and see this through.

No comments:

Post a Comment