Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 14: The Goal

We are at week 3 of solidly training to run a marathon next year. I've pondered and pondered and I think that I've come up with some tangible goals for this week. They are mainly the same, but I want to restate/reaffirm what they are.

Week 3's Goals:
- Participate in some form of physical activity everyday (excluding my day of rest - Sunday) by walking and incorporating jogging and weight training into my routines.
- Complete three group classes at the gym (Body Pump, Body Attack and something else)
- Vitamins: take my established necessary vitamins every morning with my breakfast
- Stick to my eating plan
- NO eating after 12am, regardless of how late I get off work or how late I have to stay up doing homework

I think that the above will be my established week to week goals called Five 2 Strive 2 (that actually has a pretty catchy ring to it). Regarding my work out this week I'd like to set a goal of walking/running a total of 15 miles. Going over that is fine, but I'd like to at least get to that number. Also, I'd like to be able to jog in 3 minute increments (walk however many minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk however many minutes, jog 3 minutes, etc.). I don't know if 3 minutes is realistic, although it seems like it is; it will have to be tested out tomorrow morning at 6:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment