Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 41: August is the month of 2-a-Day's

Body Attack - need I say more???  This mornings class was like anything that I have ever experienced in my life!!  I don't think that I have worked out so hard and done things that should not be done ever in life, it was crazy.  At one point I was going to walk out the door, but I didn't want Tiffany to come running out there.  Next time I'm going to try level 2 on some of the exercises.  If I don't try I won't know if I can do it right??  Now after I try it and can't do it just yet, I just have to work my way up to it.

So today is the conclusion of 6 weeks of training to run a marathon next year and I can say with pride that I am 21 pounds lighter, can walk 4.37 miles, can jog one full lap around the track and am starting to feel better about myself.

Tomorrow morning starts week 7 and it also begins the month of August and I have decided to intensify my goals slightly.  Because I want to be able to run a 5k by October/November time frame, I really have to take everything up a notch.  So, for the month of August I will be incorporating 2-A-Days (excluding Sunday's) and by the end of the month I want to be able to jog a full mile (it sounds kind of scary even saying it).  My eating is going to have to change for real, like no cheating for any reason.  I have to do this.......I can do this......wait, I am doing this.

Track Date at 8am tomorrow so I'm going to bed.  More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment