Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 38: Emotions at a peak

Track Date today was emotional and challenging.  The track is broken up into 4 sections and normally I walk three times completely around, jog one quarter, walk another quarter, jog one quarter and walk another quarter.  Yesterday we jogged two quarters, walked one then jogged another two quarters - of which we did a few times (I can't remember how many times).  So today we did something that we have never done.....we jogged 3 quarters around 4 times (I think 4 times, I can't remember because I was out of breath)!!  It was emotional because I did something today that I wasn't sure that I'd be able to do - like seriously.  Tiff asked me how I felt, but I couldn't articulate it at the time because there were so many feelings - joy, exhaustion, fear, proud, confusion,etc.

My speed did not break a record by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't quit (which I wanted to do). I was silently asking myself, "Why am I doing this again, seriously Rochelle, what were you thinking??"  The emotional part was that Tiff and Kayla kept saying that I could do it.  If they believed that I could do it maybe I can?  There is a lady who runs and sprints on the track daily who I look at with great admiration.  She passed me today (which is not unusual) but while I was jogging she rubbed my arm as if to encourage me to keep going.

I have to come to terms with the fact that there are people who are supporting me in this journey (which blows my mind).  Tomorrow is the big day, a full time around the track, let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment