Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 27: What's Changed

On Thursday Tiffany and I were talking while going around the track and she asked me, "We've been doing this for a month now, have you noticed any changes so far?"

After one solid month of working out, I can say, "Yes, I see progress!" For starters, I can walk a lot farther at a faster pace without huffing and puffing and being out of breath. Second, I can actually jog. I loose my breath after while, but I'm still working on that. Third, I'm starting to learn the exercise routines in the exercise classes that I take and I don't look like a complete moron. Then, I'm actually more mindful of the things that I eat because I don't want to mess up all of the hard work that I've put in at the gym or track. Finally, my body is starting to change! I wouldn't say that I'm slimming down, but I'd say that my muscles are building up. I FEEL muscle in my arms and legs and it's mad exciting. In the privacy of my car or room, I'm pressed to flex my arms or legs just to feel my muscles.

But most of all, you know what's changed......? Me. At the core of Rochelle Juanita Elizabeth Barnes, I've changed. My desires have changed to a degree. I actually want to work out and get pretty upset when I don't. I want to learn how to cook healthier foods that will compliment my exercise routine. I want to be as physically active as possible and not engage any longer in a sedentary lifestyle.

I still have a very long way to go, but I've changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment