Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 17: Me Time

My knee feels much better and my achilles tendon is way better than it was yesterday. I'm choosing to keep walking and keep stretching. The pain level is maybe a 2, but I can't allow that to be an excuse as to why I don't do something physical. I missed my morning "Track Date" today and ya know, that's getting hard to do. My body has adjusted and mentally I really like that time. I like spending time with my friend (or friends when other people come).

Wednesday's are my day off, but because there is a major conference going on at work, I had to go in and needed to get a lot done before the actual conference began. I also had to pick up my nephew from summer camp and I had to figure out how I was going to get to the gym since I missed my "Track Date". Like normal, I get really amped up and stressed out when I have a number of things that need to be done. But I did something different today - I took some "ME" time by going to the gym and working out before I did anything else. I put my needs before everyone else's and guess what.........I didn't feel bad about it one bit!!

I did a 5k in 58 minutes with only walking. Imagine how I must faster I could do a 5k if I jog too. I'm going to try on Friday or Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment