Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 39: I DID IT!!!!

I did it, I actually did it!!!  Well, let me clarify....I ran 1 lap around the track, one whole lap and I didn't die afterwards.  I was shocked and proud all at the same time.

This morning I got up and went to Track Date, but I didn't really push myself.  I sort of dragged along.  In my mind I knew that I should be jogging, but I didn't.  Because I was not that happy with my workout, I decided that I would go to the track after work and run completely around.  I went through the normal thought process "Seriously Rochelle, you can't do this!!" but I chose to exercise faith (even while afraid), I chose to do it anyway since it's mind over matter, right?  I got to the track around 9:00ish, but there were a lot of people outside and I felt sort of embarrassed about my physical stature and the fact that I was going to be jogging.  I gave myself until 9:15pm to get it together (and I did).  I got out of the car, put my ear buds in for my iPod and made moves.

I walked around twice before beginning my quest of conquering my fear.  I stopped at the line, took a deep breath and started.  One quadrant around was pretty good, not too hard and done with a pretty good pace.  The second quadrant in was getting harder, but I did it because I knew that I could.  The third quarter in was a beginning mind over matter for me.  I knew that I could do it, but I was starting to get a little winded.  I was purposeful in trying to control my breathing.  Finally.....the fourth quadrant of the track:

"Am I really doing this?"

"Yes, just keep going"

"Watch your breathing Rochelle, you can't tucker yourself out."

"The final line is coming, push yourself, your doing it!"

I crossed the line of victory.  I walked another lap to really slow down my breathing because it was off the hook, plus I didn't have any water with me.  Before leaving I jogged one more quadrant and was done.  Tomorrow I have Body Pump first thing in the morning, but I'm going to jog a lap again tomorrow and Saturday.  Then come next week we have to add to it.  I have to be ready to run a 5k by November so I have a lot more work to put it.  At the end of the day, this really is attainable folks!

I'm so excited

No comments:

Post a Comment