Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 37: Mind over Matter

Mind over Matter huh??  Today during "Track Date" we jogged more than we ever have, or should I say we jogged more for a longer period of time than ever before.  The first time around (curve & straight) wasn't too bad.  The second & third time was a LOT harder, but the fourth time was like anything I've ever experienced.  But each time I didn't stop (although I thought about it).....I couldn't stop!  Partly because I think Tiffany would have kirked but them the other part because I had to push past the negative thoughts running through my mind.

While going around the track Tiff was like, "So that you can run better and faster, the goal is to loose 100lbs by next October which is more than a year from now.  It's less than 10lbs a month".  I looked at her like she was crazy!!  That's not a little bit of weight to loose.  Yeah I know that there are plenty of people who do it all of the time, but this is me we are talking about.  So then she goes on to say that I need to come up with 5 things that I want to do when I loose it.  Loose it, are you serious......are you really serious?  I have no clue of 5 things I'd like to be able to do.  I guess I need to think about it seriously because although weight loss comes with exercising everyday, it's not something that I really considered.

I know it's not just me, but there are so many emotions associated with weight.  Experiences and mind sets have help to propel where I'm at right now and this whole process of training for a marathon is causing me to examine and face those issues.  It sucks, but I guess necessary, right?

I have to keep telling myself that I can do this.  I can jog and push myself, I can deal with my issues and I can break the not good cycles in my life.  I can overcome by keep saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment