Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 16: I have an achilles tendon, who knew?

Who knew that I even had an achilles tendon. Of course we all have one, but I never felt mine (I don't think). You hear about athletes tearing or hurting their achilles tendon, but I'm no athlete!! I barely jog, so the idea that I would hurt mine is something that I never considered. I could have hurt it because I was overcompensating due to the pain in my knee or because I have not been stretching properly before or after my workouts, but we had to stop today so that I could stretch it. I am beyond grateful to God that Tiffany comes with me every morning and tells me stuff I wouldn't know about. That pain was something that I have never felt in my foot region. I wanted to stop and go home, but she said no, you've got to stretch it out and you know what - that actually worked!! The pain was not as intense but I found that walking it out made it not hurt as much. I may go to the gym again this evening to try walking it out some more.

Yesterday I was having a great conversation with a few ladies outside of the gym and I came to a realization. God knew exactly what I needed and when I needed it. I've been praying for a "do over" with my life because I feel like I've totally messed it up and wasted a lot of "potential". I needed a do over in my finances, education, physical body image of myself, spiritually, mental mind set.....just an overall do over of my life. But that is not possible, right? Wrong! Each day is a new day to start new. It's like a repetitive do over. And you know what, I'm getting that opportunity today. Today is a new day. It's a new day to be financially responsible. It's a new day to engage with furthering my educational dreams and goals. It's a new day to do something about my body image regardless of how painful that process may be. It's a new day to reconnect with God in a personal and real way. It's a new day to CHANGE MY MIND! Change my mind from faulty information, faulty self-image, faulty thinking as a whole.

IT'S A NEW DAY TO CHANGE MY MIND and I'm grateful for the people who walk along side me through the new day and new mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment