Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 15: My knee

This morning was technically supposed to be a break because of the holiday. I even went as far as not setting my alarm clock but oh no my eyes popped up at 6:15am and I couldn't go back to sleep. I tried to make myself go back to sleep (which I can usually do), but not today. I got up and engaged in a Track Date anyway. To my surprise and shock, there were a boat load of people at the track! Like a lot of people. It was almost too crowded to do anything, but I got out there and gave it a good effort. I even jogged twice, but then I was done. It was hot and I was tired, but because I knew that I was going to Body Pump, I didn't over stress how much I actually did (which was 1.27 miles).

Body Pump, Body Pump, oh dear Body Pump!

I hurt my knee in the middle of Body Pump. Like I really hurt it, but not sure how. I heard something and then there was this intense pain. I wanted to cry, but because I was in a class with people who I didn't know I had to pretend that everything was ok, but it wasn't! I limited the amount of leg exercise after that because it hurt. After the class was over, I felt like I still needed to get the rest of my milage in, so I got on the treadmill (hoping to walk off the pain in my knee). The treadmill was pretty good. I did 3.57miles with lightly jogging through 2 complete songs - which was totally awesome!

So now I sit here with a hurt knee and a boat load of homework to do. I have more to say, but I want to save it as I work through my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment