Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 42: Go Hard or Go Home

Day One of "August 2aDays" and I am done.  This morning I did like 4.24 miles with one jogging lap around the track and the rest walking.  This evening I did like 3.20 miles with a number of jogs included in that run.  My morning workout was a push, but I feel like I didn't push myself as much as I could have.  I think that that's mainly because of the breathing thing, but I'm not using that as an excuse anymore.  There was a father and daughter on the track and the father told his daughter, "Stop thinking about breathing and just breath!"  If I stop allowing breathing to be my focus, I'll get the rhythm and pattern locked down in order to maintain my stamina to keep going.  Stop talking about it and just do it because every workout has to be harder and above and beyond what I've ever done.  This evening Tiffany was not there initially, but I was determined to push a little harder than this morning and I did.

I can do this.  I may have to tell myself every few minutes that I have everything within me to do it, but that's ok because I'm getting up and going to the gym or track or wherever I have to go to get this done.

Rochelle, YOU ARE DOING THIS.  YOU ARE GOING TO UNCHARTED TERRITORY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment