Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 46: Funky Mood & First Race!

Although "2aDay's" are hard, my body is starting to get accustomed to them.  Actually, I think that I like them.  Today I didn't get up for Track Date and my whole mood was just funky.  Like I went into work wanting to fight (totally unlike me) and I wonder if part of that not good attitude was partly because I didn't work out this morning?  Or could it have been because I found out that a friend had death in their family (I hate it when anybody I care about hurts and I can't do anything about it)?  I don't believe in the concept of waking up on the wrong side of the bed.......but I was totally in a funk.

Yeah I put on "The Face" because we had a major event taking place at work but I just wanted to crawl up in a whole.  Things didn't change until after I went to the gym.  I started out really pushing myself, but towards the end I was just trying to be finished.  I was sore and tired, but by the time I finished, the soreness was gone and I felt a little more energized.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow (sort of).

OH, MY GOODNESS, Guess what??  I signed up for my very first run today.  I will be racing in the SOME (So Others May Eat) Thanksgiving day 5k.  I'm really amped up about it.  By then I will be doing more than 3 miles jogging so I'm pretty confident that I won't look like a goober.  I sent out an e-mail to a lot of different people and folks are actually signing up to do it too.  That's amazing and it will be an exciting day for a few reasons (1. Money is being raised so that homeless individuals and families are able to eat and receive the necessary medical attention that they need;  2.  There are going to be people out there that I know).  I also committed to raise $350 for the cause.  I'm sure that with a couple of UNO's days that should be a problem to get to.  Definitely more info to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment