Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 54: Determination

Man, temptation was all around me today.  It was raining this morning so I didn't get up for Track Date (plus I was plum tired) and I didn't go to the gym this evening because I promised my goddaughter that we could hangout and do fun stuff tonight instead of the gym or working out.  She is staying with me this week and has been a real trooper through my exercise routines.

The kicker has been that I didn't go to the grocery store.  As a result, my meals have not been planned out as they normally would be.  So this morning I had two individual bowls of Raisin Brand Crunch Cereal.  I don't think that that was bad, it's just that I probably should have only had one verses two.  Then for lunch I had a Stoffer's Chicken and Vegetables Pasta meal bag.  The portion size is meant for two and I'm proud that I actually split it in half and will be able to have the other half for lunch tomorrow.  Along with that I had a Caesar salad.  I could have done without the croutons though.  Then we got these popchips from the store.  They are not fired or baked.  It's weird because they sort of tasted like styrofoam with bbq seasonings.  I ended up eating the entire bag throughout the course of the day.  Then I went to a picnic and ate watermelon (of which I'm not sure if I am allergic to it or not) and ate part of a hotdog.  Yeah, I really wanted a hotdog, but it turns out that wasn't all I thought that it would be.  I don't have to waste calories or destroy the hard work that I've put in because 9 times out of 10, the good taste of something is only temporary.  There was cake and cookies and a lot of other delicious things that I could have consumed, but at the end of the day, if I ate them, a lot more work would have been required in order for me to burn enough calories so that my hard work would not be impacted.

Yeah, sometimes a sweet delicious treat is necessary or warranted, but today was not the day.  I will probably have something delicious tomorrow because starting Sunday, I will not be eating any meats, bread or sweets.  Not that I am now, but I'm increasing the intensity of this journey for the remainder of August (2 more weeks) to see if I can get to running a full mile by the end of August.  That is the goal, a full mile by the end of August and be down a total of 50lbs.  It may seem like a far stretch, but it's not.  That means that I need to be able to run an additional 2 more times around (which would give me the mile) the track and I need to loose another 18lbs by the end of the month.  I think it's doable.  The only thing that I can do is try.  If I don't make the mark it's not because I didn't try and I'll be a lot closer than I would if I didn't try.

It's official, I've been lit on fire by the determination bug to meet this goal.  I can do this..........I will do this, crap, I MUST DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment