Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 50: 1/2 mile + Sprints

Yo, today was not a normal Track Date.  No, not normal at all.  The only instructive was to run, no walking around a few times, simply run.  When I had my stride going, I did a little more than 2 laps around with no breaks.  That's a MAJOR achievement and was part of the established goal for this week.  It wasn't easy by any means.  I kept saying "Mind over Matter" but thought to myself, "My matter is really speaking to my mind and I'm tired!"  At one point I stopped talking to myself and just ran but got to the point where all I could do was walk.  Then when I thought that we were done, we ended up having to sprint (running as fast as we can) the curve. Because I didn't finish the entire curve, we had to do sprints (on the straight) multiple times.  Honestly, although it was hard, it was pretty fun.  There were girl soccer players sitting on the bench and they actually started cheering and encouraging us to go faster, it was cool.  I have not sweat so much in my entire life, but I guess that's a good thing.

This evening I went to the gym and now I am plum exhausted.  My body hurts and I'm tired.  My legs have never felt like this before.  I'm dreading walking upstairs to get to my bed. I still have more to say, but my eyes keep closing so good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment